The best hotspots is hard to define, because there are so many. If I would sum them all up it would take you at least a full day or more to read them all. But let me pick a few special ones, but feel free to contact me so I can give you more specific idea’s.
Regarding museums there are several amazing museums in Amsterdam. But what I like the most are the most idyllic museums. For instance there’s the Rubber duck museum. Its name is actually the Amsterdam Duck Store, which has a ton of different cute little rubber duckies. And also the Cheese museum, something the Netherlands is well known for. Cause who doesn’t know Gouda cheese or Edam cheese? Let me sum up a few.
- The Amsterdam Duck Store
- The Cheese Museum
- The Amsterdam Tulip Museum
- The Sex museum
- The Streetart Museum
Food and drinks
Amsterdam has an amazing pallet of almost every dish in the world. You must understand that the Netherlands doesn’t have a own cuisine. But we do have a lot of snacks or typical dutch dishes. Have you already eaten our famous Poffertjes or Stroopwafels? Or our amazing beer snacks called Bitterballen. You haven’t? Well let me give you some options.
- Pancake Club (Taste their amazing Poffertjes and dutch pancakes)
- van Wonderen Stroopwaffles (An amazing treat which you can’t go without)
- Ballenbar (it is in the name, the best bitterballen you can get at the Ballenbar)
- Moeders (the dutch word for moms. Cause mom makes the best hometown meals)
But beside these amazing typical dutch we also have great non dutch restaurants.
- Ceppi’s (A new hip restaurant, where you can have amazing Italian fingerfood)
- Five brothers fat (If you want to mingle with locals, there are different locations)
- Cannibale Royale (If you are a meatlover, look no further….!)
- Waterkant (A surinam restaurant, with the most amazing soulfood)
For music there are so many places where you can go. To make it easy I would say stay in the entertainment areas like Rembrandplein and Leidseplein. Almost all bars and nightclubs can be found in that area. I have summed up a few of the bigger venues. But you can just walk in to any bar and there will be music. Only for live music, just ask the door man.
- Paradiso (the concert venue in the center of Amsterdam)
- Melkweg (the second biggest concert venue of Amsterdam)
- Club Air (the more underground nightclub, check their programming)
- Escape (the biggest commercial nightclub of Amsterdam)
- Bourbon Street (The place for a small setting of live music)
- Brasil bar (If you’re into some latino music)